Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh Nashville

I woke up this morning and remembered...I never wrote in my blog! We are supposed to add new entries every Tuesday and Friday, and with all I had going on last week-I completely forgot. I hope that my professor will forgive me.

Last night a couple of the interns and I trudged through the damp Nashville wheather to eat at Jackson's downtown, and then we headed to a place called Station Inn to see one of the intern's friends sing. It was a singer/songwriter night, my favorite. Their were four women who all had wonderful voices, and all had an amazing talent for songwriting. The music was acoustic, and was kind of a mix between folk and country. The Station Inn is a little whole in the wall place, very "down home" Nashville with its intimate seating and old concert posters plastered all over the walls. The stage was very modest, and their was a bar in the back that served sodas, beer, and popcorn out of an old-fashioned looking pop-corn maker. The room was filled mostly with the singer's family and friends, so it was a very cozy show.

I found out yesterday that I am going to get to work the CMT Awards Show Post Party next Monday night! I am so pumped. I knew I was going to get two tickets to the Awards Show, but I really wanted to have an experience that I could only have as an intern. I contacted my friend who interns for Special Events at CMT, and she said "If you can handle not being starstruck, and can be well...(a b word), you can make sure people are on the guest list. It will be such great experience for me to see how a party of that magnitude is set up. I'm just going to have to make sure I don't have another tongue tied moment in front of famous people.

Right now I am working at Katie's Hallmark, and when I get off I am going to see my cousin in Lipscomb's Singarama. I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and I will talk to you soon!! :)

1 comment:

Vaguelyclear said...

So Station Inn has to be one of my favorite places in Nashville! Every Sunday night they have bluegrass jam night. You should totally check it out. Some of the best bluegrass instrumentalist in Nashville just get together and jam till about midnight at Station Inn. Pretty Amazing!