Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Is Here

The wheather the last couple of days has been wonderful. Yesterday, you could feel the excitement in the air as everyone basked in the sunshine. Spring around here is unlike anything you could see in Texas. Their are these beautiful trees with white blossoms that billow like clouds in the wind. Streets are lined with these vibrant yellow bushes that I have never seen before in my life. Tulips that look fake decorate the front lawns of houses, and the green that covers the hills just makes you smile. Okay, I will stop with the corniness but it kind of takes your breath away and makes you say "I love Nashville!"

I got to enjoy the outdoors yesterday with a trip down to Franklin to meet some friends at 4th Avenue Church, which I love. I love the energy that church has. Their is allot of commotion through out the service, but it is not offensive. It just gives you the idea that everyone is excited to be there to come together and worship. Most of the service is singing, and they have a time where people in the congregation can gather and pray together. I was watching a group of people huddled together in front of me, and a few of the people were consoling this one lady. I was in awe of how close they all seemed, and how sincerely concerned they were about this woman. One of the women was saying "Ive been there.." and being very understanding and humble with the lady. I thought to myself that this is what church should be like. No one putting up fronts or being judgmental, people just coming together joyfully and being there for each other. I will get off my soap box now.

After church, we headed down the street to Puckett's. We ate green beans, sweet potato casserole, chicken with Cajun cream sauce, sweet potato fries and squash casserole. After that, I walked the Crop Hunger Walk with a friend at Centennial Park. She is always looking for things to get involved in to help people and causes. I really respect that about her. She found out about the walk on a website called Cool People Care. The website lets you know about good causes to get involved in in Nashville.

Today at CMT, we had the big reveal of the 4th floor lobby. It looks amazing, and my department should be very proud. It feels like you are walking into a day spa with its warm color scheme and low-lighting. I heard one of the employees who walked through say "I feel like I should be able to book a massage here." People are so busy with the awards show coming up next Monday, they should be able to book massages to de-stress. It is going to be a great show though. One of my friends from back home is going to come up this weekend and take my ticket to the show, since I have to work the Post Party. Poor me, ha ha just kidding. I will talk to you at the end of the week! :)

2 comments:

The Taylor Exclusive said...

I love your comments about church. It should be about community and not judging others. Your description of Nashville was wonderful , it makes me glad I live here it really is beautiful. You seem to be doing well at CMT , good luck with your internship this summer.

Analyst of alot of bull crap said...

I do love the weather in the south. I was just in NYC and it was still freezing cold. I think another great thing is the food. Great blog and good imagery.
AF