Friday, April 11, 2008

Unglamorous

It is Friday once again. The weather does not reflect the mood here in the building at CMT today. Outside it is dreary, rainy and melancholy. In here their is excitement, anticipation, and a bustling energy because the CMT Awards is Monday night!

I just received my duties for the Post Party after the awards show. The information sheet says "We encourage all staff to wear comfortable shoes. No heels or sandals." "There is no drinking of alcoholic beverages or participating in the party while you are working." Okay, so it doesn't sound that glamorous, but I get to stand outside and watch every celebrity walk through the doors to get their party on. That sounds pretty exciting to me!

This week is a blurr to me because it was filled with one deadline and responsibility after another. All in one week I have secured an apartment for the summer, and scheduled my classes for the summer and my last semester of school. Plus, school is really picking up because it is the end of the semester, and I have many assignments due including a 25 page paper for my Capstone in Communication class.

I plan on tackling some of that tonight, but once my friend from home arrives tomorrow morning, I am taking a break from this madness until she leaves Tuesday. It will be great. She already has a list of places she wants to go eat, and we are house sitting for my Aunt Sharon all weekend, so it should be a great time. I cant wait to tell you about Monday night! Until then, have a great weekend!

No comments: