Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Can See The Light

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just two more days and school is out for the semester! I am so pumped. After Tuesday, I will have nothing to do until the following Monday when I start my internship at CMT in Production. I don't think I have had that much free time since I moved to Nashville in August.


This week has been a blurr. Their was a lot of early morning studying, deadlines and the added stress of what I like to call being a "vagabond." I am so ready to just be settled in to my own apartment where I can completely relax and call it my own. This week my roommates were painting the condo because they are going to sell it and buy a house. Therefore, the condo has smelled of heavy paint fumes the last few days and has been in a general state of disarray. So, I have been carting my trusty Vera Bradley overnight bag and my books back and forth to my Aunt's in Brentwood.

My Aunt Sharon's house was paint-fume free, but not loud, screaming children free. My cousin and her husband have been staying there the last couple of nights as well with their very enthusiastic 2 and 4 year olds. They are absolutely adorable. So adorable that even though I was trying to study for my finals, I couldn't help but smile when I would hear their feet scampering across the wood floors and their high-pitched voices screaming "Rachel!" at 6:00 in the morning. This morning as I was leaving, the two of them sat on the front porch waving goodbye to me as I pulled out of the drive way.

I left early this morning to meet my two cousins (roommate's brothers) for breakfast who came in town for the weekend. I couldn't help but think this afternoon after I got off the phone with my Aunt Prissy, "wow, I sure do spend allot of time with my family!" It is so funny because growing up, we really didn't spend that much time with the extended-family other than the holidays. Since Ive moved here, it seems as if Nashville is the heart of our family and I am completely consumed in it now. I think it must have all been a part of God's plan to bring me to Nashville, because I feel like my life has been so enriched by the relationships I have made with family.

Right now I am studying, but their is allot to look forward to. A week with no responsibilities or plans, and then I am moving into my new apartment next weekend! The following week my cousin is coming up to stay with me, and then my mom is bringing my sister up to stay for the rest of the summer! Once again, spending so much time with my family. Ha ha oh well! Goodnight.

No comments: