Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm the Lucky One

It is Friday! This week was completely insane. Regardless, all I have to say is God is so good. I have been freaking out about who I was going to live with in the Fall for months now, and yesterday it all worked out. One of my new friends here has a condo that is right down the street from my condo now, and her roommate is moving out. It is still in Green Hills which I love, and I really love my friend. I think she will be a great roommate, and a really good influence on me.

I am still going to live in an apartment with my sister this summer, but then I will move into my new condo in August. I will have to sign a one year lease, and so that means...I am staying in Nashville after graduation. I had a feeling that would end of being the case, but now it is confirmed.

It is a really crazy feeling when you realize that God has you right where he wants you to be. At least it seems that way to me. I feel like when doors are opening left and right, you are on the right path. I came to Nashville to finish school, try out the music industry scene, and see how I liked it. Almost a year later, I have one internship at CMT under my belt, and I am looking forward to the next one. I have had the most amazing experiences, and met the greatest people. I feel very "in my element" here, and I really think I want to pursue something in the music industry.

Their have been some challenges moving to a new city. However, I wouldn't trade the experiences I have had for anything. Moving away to a new city and leaving your friends and family behind is tough, I am not going to lie. But if you can make it through the tough times, it is a growing experience and it makes you a better person in the end. What better time than your twenties, when you are not tied down, to explore and try out everything you ever dreamed of? I no longer have to write in my blog, but I think I will keep it up. It is fun to look back at previous entries and see how much has happened in just one semester.

Interesting article on the Quarter Life Crisis

No comments: